Thank you for your interest in being part of the Out Shop Cancer shopping event to benefit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life and the American Cancer Society.
The Out Shop Cancer event will run from October 1- October 31, 2022
A Store shopping guide as well as direct links will be available on the Our Shop Cancer website as well as on other social media sites. There will also be a Store shopping guide available in-world.
If you have questions that are not covered below, please contact Sandie Loxingly or SavannahRaye in-world.
For merchants we have three (3)options on how you can participate:
- In-world at your main store – This shopping event will take place across the grid with shoppers coming to your business rather than to an event region. Our goal is to help build your brand awareness through your support of Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life.
- Back for the 2022 season we have Out Shop Cancer: Marketplace for designers who do not have in-world locations but would like to partner with us in the fight against breast cancer.
- Merchants may also sign up to use both in-world and Marketplace if they choose.
Participants will receive:
- Fundraising tools that include both 100% donation and 50% donation Vendors.
- Each store is required to use one 100% donation vendor. You may use any number of 100% or split vendors that you choose.
- Exclusive and/ or new items are not required, but are encouraged.
- Flickr and Group Postings will be available for the merchants.
- The event will be posted in the SL Destination Guide.
- This event will be listed on various shopping and event-related websites.
- An audio PSA will run on select Second Life radio stations during the month of October.
The registration fee to participate in this event is L$1,000 and is a direct donation to the American Cancer Society. This fee is non-refundable. When you receive your registration confirmation, there will be instructions on where and when to pay the registration.
To register for the Out Shop Cancer Shopping Event, please go here.
- All persons, behavior, and objects of the 2021 Out Shop Cancer shopping event must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service (http://www.lindenlab.com/tos) and the Second Life Community Standards: (https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php)
- All content displayed in Strides Campaigns fundraising tools must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in the exhibit vendors which clearly states the items are adult in nature.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must complete an online registration form in order to reserve your shop/and or sponsorship. **Please note that our online form is date and time stamped automatically**.
- Please note that registering online does not complete your shop and/or sponsorship registration. Merchant registration and fees are due by September 9, 2022, and the coordinator for the event reserves the right to deny any application.
- ***Once an application is accepted, registration and sponsorship fees are non-refundable, and no exceptions are made.***
- Failure to make a payment by September 9, 2022, at midnight slt, will result in your shop registration being canceled and your spot possibly given to someone else.
- All payments will be made at a designated location via Strides vendors. As these vendors do not accept partial payments, all registration monies are due at the time of payment.
- 100% of registration fees and fundraising activity revenue, as a result of or during the approved Strides Event, are paid to the American Cancer Society.
- At least one 100% Strides vendor must be set up at your business. 100% & 50% vendors and tools will be provided as part of your registration fee.
- For a Marketplace store, you must list at least one item 100% proceeds to Making Strides. Payment details for purchases of this item will be provided.
- All items that are inside Strides vendors or for sale to benefit Making Strides must follow the Strides Fundraising Guidelines.
Intellectual Property Guidelines:
- All content at the 2021 Out Shop Cancer shopping event must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service, Section 2: Content Licenses and Intellectual Property Rights Section: http://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos2
- All items are distributed (sold or freely given) by designers and/ or merchants must be their own original creations or creations compiled with components they have legally obtained licenses for commercial use or are in the public domain.
- Designers and/ or merchants retain all intellectual property rights associated with their original creations unless otherwise assigned through licenses or limited licenses.
- Designers and/or merchants grant the Event coordinator(s) a limited license to use any logos and product ads provided to them to promote their participation of the event in Second Life and on third-party websites, such as but not limited to in-world shopping guides and promotional materials, event signboards, event-related blogs, Strides websites, Flickr, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook. Designers and/or merchants agree that their business will be open to photographers and machinima producers, and that photography and filming will be allowed during the event, beginning with the Press Preview and for the duration of the event.
- Please note that all items and objects are subject to verification at Out Shop Cancer and that Out Shop Cancer organizers reserve the right to deny items that do not follow the Intellectual Property and Copyright rules and guidelines at the Showcase.
- We cannot SELL anything with the American Cancer Society or the official Making Strides or the Relay For Life logo on it. (Tip: you can give items as a gift in exchange for a donation). Our Second Life (Strides Campaigns/ Out Shop Cancer) theme logo may be used on items that are sold in Making Strides in SL Vendors.
- When using the American Cancer Society, Relay For Life, or Making Strides logo, do not change or alter it in any way. This includes advertisements/textures used as signage.
About Making Strides
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer or MSABC is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting more than 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information, services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
For more information or to donate, visit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Second Life official American Cancer Society page here.